Re: [Lynx-dev] how to add a site in LYNX

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] how to add a site in LYNX
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 20:45:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011, Doug Kaufman wrote:

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011, sandeep kumar wrote:

I have been looking ofr more information on the lynx work,  I don't know
just reading the stuff and name come around here. I didn't get one point
here that how does lynx support the search engines and why they need
approval from your side. If they are so powerful then why they are keep
looking on your side. Please reply hoping to get good answer ....

Perhaps the problem you experience is due to javascript at the web page.
Lynx does not interpret javascript. So, for example, at the Google
search engine, lynx doesn't seem to work to do a search on the main
page, "http://www.google.com/";, but does work on the Google Advanced

It works for me (not the multiline textarea at the top, but the single-line textfield works).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net