Re: [Lynx-dev] DOS Pkt Dvr, Win32 interface

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] DOS Pkt Dvr, Win32 interface
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 22:57:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011, LarryL wrote:

> Lynx Dos 386:
>
> Hi,
>
> NEED:
> VxD MS-DOS packet driver/Winsock interface to MS-DOS window(s).
>
> Candidates:
> NDIS3PKT, Windows 9x, ME (not free)
> SWSVPKT, Windows XP, 2000, NT4 (private use)

I think the main question is whether you really need these. I can't
think of any reason other than testing to run a DOS version of lynx from
Windows. It is usually better to run a native Windows build of lynx. I
do run a DOS version from Windows98 when testing, using NDIS3PKT. It is
available from the author Dan Lanciani at "http://www.danlan.com/";. You
can download the demo version, which has information about buying the
full verion included.

Doug
--
Doug Kaufman