Re: [Lynx-dev] DOS Pkt Dvr, Win32 interface

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] DOS Pkt Dvr, Win32 interface
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 12:38:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011, Keith BOWES wrote:

> Je 2011-Apr-28 je 22:04, Doug Kaufman skribis:
> >
> > I think the main question is whether you really need these. I can't
> > think of any reason other than testing to run a DOS version of lynx from
> > Windows. It is usually better to run a native Windows build of lynx.
> Hm, I'm pretty sure there are still free (as in speech) versions of DOS
> being developed.  I can't imagine why you'd want to use DOS instead of
> a Unix system or clone, as they're better in every way imaginable, but
> DOS implementations do exist.

The question wasn't about using lynx in DOS. It is about using a DOS
executable of lynx in Windows instead of using a Windows executable. In
DOS, you can use the DOS executable with a packet driver. The files
which were asked about are packet driver emulators for use in Windows,
so the DOS file (which requires a packet driver)can run under Windows.

Doug
--
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden