Re: [Lynx-dev] DNS HELP

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] DNS HELP
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 11:17:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 11 May 2011 address@hidden wrote:

> My ISP's Domain Name Service (DNS) is blocking
> or has forgotten how to lookup URL's on Lynx DOS32
> browsers!
>
> On the other hand, Native WIN32 Lynx browsers function
> OK!
>
> Is there a Patch?

This sounds like you have a misconfigured wattcp.cfg file. The DOS
version of lynx uses a builtin TCP/IP stack, Watt-32. Please look
carefully at your wattcp.cfg file. If you have "my_ip" set to DHCP, it
may automatically find your DNS server. Otherwise, you need to put the
IP address of your DNS server in wattcp.cfg as a line starting
"nameserver=". Your ISP may have changed the IP address of their
nameserver, which would need to be updated in wattcp.cfg. Be sure to
specify either WATTCP.CFG or WATTCP_CFG in your environment, pointing to
the address for the wattcp.cfg file.

Doug
--
Doug Kaufman