Re: [Lynx-dev] Is Lynx still alive?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Is Lynx still alive?
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 21:08:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 16 May 2011, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Mon, 16 May 2011, Pia Mikeal wrote:

Hi,

I have noticed the Lynx web site at lynx.isc.org has been down for a while, but can't find any information on why. I am hoping it is still an active project and so wanted to check.

It's been down since the 11th or 12th of this month (I scraped a copy of
the most recent mirrors.html from a google crawl dated the 11th). I noticed it was down on the 13th, and was told by the guy in charge of the system that it had a disk failure. Not to nag him, I intend checking tomorrow to see what progress has been made.

The server is up now (new hardware).  I have more work to do, on the
source archives, but think that everything that's visible is usable.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net