Re: [Lynx-dev] release 2.8.7 download link

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] release 2.8.7 download link
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 21:01:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 1 Jun 2011, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Wed, 1 Jun 2011, Vitezslav Cizek wrote:

Hi,
Why is the download link for the release 2.8.7 (http://lynx.isc.org/lynx2.8.7)
pointing to release 2.8.7rel.1 instead of the latest 2.8.7rel.2 ?

I'm not sure, but I think, that this was changed recently.
A few month ago I downloaded from there a tarball equivalent to 2.8.7rel.2.

Is there any reason for this?

I'm reconstructing the http filesystem from a copy of the ftp filesystem
after a disk failure.  (I was aware of this one, but was busy fixing up
another area).  It's fixed now...

The http area looks okay now (will check the access logs to see what else is missing).

The ftp area itself is still not perfect.  As I recall, the url

        ftp://lynx.isc.org

pointed to the top-level of the lynx data files. However, my experience in setting up anon-ftp makes the data

        ftp://lynx.isc.org/pub/lynx

(that's confusing the existing ftp mirrors, which at the moment are empty...)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net