Re: [Lynx-dev] http://www.pervalidus.net/cygwin/lynx/ scavenged?

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] http://www.pervalidus.net/cygwin/lynx/ scavenged?
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 04:29:59 -0300 (BRT)

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011, Paul Gilmartin wrote:

 So I'm looking for a Lynx binary for Cygwin (too lazy to
 build one, and Cygwin comes with 2.8.5).

 The page at:

    http://lynx.isc.org/lynx2.8.7/index.html

 links to:

    http://www.pervalidus.net/cygwin/lynx/

 but this is now an advertisement having little to do
 with either Cygwin or Lynx.

thanks for the reminder - I did notice that when I was setting up some
aspect of the new server, but didn't disable the links.

(I generally compile a copy on Cygwin when I've updated lynx.cfg,
so that I have an up-to-date version of the documentation, but
use lynx most on other platforms - I can put up a copy of the binary
if it helps).

I decided to not renew the domain name. I thought it'd go away, but for some reason, someone from Israel apparently registered it, while it still says "Creation Date: 02-may-2000".

Anyway, /cygwin/lynx/ had nothing to do with Cygwin, at least since 2004, when I started compiling it with MinGW.

2.8.7rel.2 (bzip2 1.0.6, OpenSSL 1.0.0c without IDEA, MDC2, and RC5, PDCurses 3.4, zlib 1.2.5) is still at https://sites.google.com/site/fredlwm/lynx.zip?revision=3 , for anyone wanting a recent Windows binary with SSL.