Re: [Lynx-dev] RCS to Git

From: Dafydd Crosby
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] RCS to Git
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 15:12:49 -0600

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Thorsten Glaser <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thomas Dickey dixit:
>
>> a workable rcs2git script (last year someone asked regarding mawk,
>
> No. git is not nice. It’s also suited only for the development model
> of the Linux kernel.

Git is actually pretty easy to work with, and can be used for far more
than the kernel :-) Anyway, let's avoid that holy war ;-)

For moving to Git, I found a fast exporter for RCS here -
http://git.oblomov.eu/rcs-fast-export
One should be able to pipe that into 'git fast-import'

I haven't found a fast-export program for PRCS, so I might have to whip that up.