Re: [Lynx-dev] RCS to Git?

From: Keith BOWES
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] RCS to Git?
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:06:51 -0400

Je 2011-Jul-11 je 13:07, Dafydd Crosby skribis:
> Looking through an old thread, it looks like Lynx uses a non-public
> RCS for version control. It would be really cool if there was a Git
> repo so it would be possible for us to work on branches (instead of
> fighting with tarballs). I'd be happy to do the migration and fix any
> build scripts that would be involved.
>
> Thanks for the work on the browser, I use it quite a bit!
>
> -Dafydd
It would be nice to have a public repository.  I think git and other
distributed systems are a bit of an overkill (taking up way too much
bandwidth and disk space) for most purposes.  I'd be for a client-server
protocol like CVS or SVN (SVN has the advantage of built-in support for
WebDAV browsing; the disadvantage of course is the horrible fault
tolerance).

--
Keith Bowes <http://zooplah.farvista.net/>