Re: [Lynx-dev] RCS to Git

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] RCS to Git
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 18:24:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011, Keith BOWES wrote:

Je 2011-Jul-11 je 21:07, Thorsten Glaser skribis:

No. git is not nice. It’s also suited only for the development model
of the Linux kernel.

Absolutely.  git is overused and misused.  Its development model
supports the "everyone does their own thing and then when we're ready
for a new version, the changes are merged and made public."  It seems
too cathedral and not enough bazaar.

"Cathedral" implies more structure than I'm seeing in some git-oriented
projects.  There are of course more flavors available than c/b.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net