Re: [Lynx-dev] Invoking a lynx script

From: Graham Lawrence
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Invoking a lynx script
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 16:17:37 -0700

Below is the listing of my bash script to copy the current lynx page
text into vim.  It requires xdotool and wmctrl installed.  I use only
a single invocation of lynx and vim, and the script relies on that
fact.  I don't know how wmctrl would react if asked to activate one of
several apps with the same name.  I run the script by pressing Mod4+p,
a key mapping I have set in ~/.fluxbox/keys, rather than set a key
mapping for it in vim, so I do not need to have vim active when I want
to copy the page.  To run it when vim is the active app, vim must be
in Normal mode, in Insert mode it captures the keystroke before
fluxbox can.

#!/bin/bash
#set -xv # This script copies current lynx page text into vim at cursor
rm -f ~/dump
wmctrl -a lynx
sleep 0.3
xdotool key p sleep .3 key Return sleep .3 key ctrl+u sleep .3 type /home/g/dump
xdotool key Return
wmctrl -a vim
sleep 0.3
xdotool key Escape sleep .3 type :r ~/dump
xdotool key Return