Re: [Lynx-dev] Finally got cookie file to save (2.8.7rel.1)

From: Walter Ian Kaye
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Finally got cookie file to save (2.8.7rel.1)
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 03:20:23 -0700

At 06:51 a -0500 11/17/2011, Thomas Dickey didst inscribe upon an electronic papyrus:

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 07:21:53PM -0700, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
 At 07:48 p -0500 11/16/2011, Thomas Dickey didst inscribe upon an
 > electronic papyrus:

I can recall some case where cookies would be relevant to server disconnect.
But more often than not, the clues are in the trace file.

 I recently moved my website from Verio to another host, and I copied my
 old .lynx_cookies file to reuse on the new host. Yet when I'm in Lynx and
 hit ^K, it tells me the cookie jar is empty. The cookie file is 8K; it's
 not empty.

perhaps it's looking in a different place?

running
        lynx -trace -trace-mask=32 .
should show where it's reading from

"Current directory is /usr/home/boo"

http://walteriankaye.com/misc/Lynx.trace-wik.gz
(password replaced with asterisks)

Did the cookie file format change at any point? Copying my cookie file from the Lynx on my old server should work, right? Of course I'm having issues with the tiny cookie file Lynx replaces it with too.

-W