Re: [Lynx-dev] non-ascii characters in URLs

From: Klaus-Peter Wegge
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] non-ascii characters in URLs
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 12:00:02 +0100 (CET)

Lynx Team,

to demonstrate the problem and to avoid long discussion on
charactersets I attach a small sample html-file.
The w3c validator says this file is valid html.

Please open this file in any browser and try the 4 links.
They will work and the respective sites are browsable.

Please open the attached file in lynx and try the 4 links again.
The first and the second do not work, because lynx is not
able to create the correct request to the server.
You can observe this in the bootm line of the lynx screen,
where the current selected URL is shown, and you will see
the bad formatted requests also in the trace file.

Kind regards, Klaus