Re: [Lynx-dev] A possible modification to Jumps

From: Mark Skilbeck
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] A possible modification to Jumps
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 00:50:04 +0000

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 06:48:17PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 10:07:02PM +0000, Mark Skilbeck wrote:
>
> I was asking for clarification.  As long as a new twist on an existing
> feature doesn't break older configurations, that's always a plus.

I see. Yeah, I have been trying to think of a way to implement this cleanly
that isn't going to break BC. My initial thought was to just have the extra
text be defined as the text following the first space:

  ddg search query -> jump id: ddg
                      extra text: search query.

Does anyone really use jumps with whitespace in them? It would make it a lot
easier to write.

:P

> thanks (I like patches).

I'll send the patch tomorrow. Are you guys using a VCS of any sort?

Point of inquiry: how many developers are active?

- mgsk.