Re: [Lynx-dev] A possible modification to Jumps

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] A possible modification to Jumps
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:59:26 +0900

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 10:22:15PM +0000, Mark Skilbeck wrote:
> > However, the change is incomplete - it works for the case where the
> > user types 'j' followed by the jump tag, but it does not handle the
> > case where the user selects the tag from the jump-page.
> >

> Yeah. I don't see how we can account for that use-case. There isn't any
> special
> code for viewing the jumps file (AFAIK), so it would be impossible to
> hook-into.
>
> Now that we've got something working, do you think this might make it into a
> future release?

Complete documentation is the greatest feature of Lynx.
If the new feature is implemented, please rewrite the _Lynx
Users Guide_ "Jump Command" section to reflect the changes,
and send a patch to Tom.  Thanks.

Not being a coder, I am always queasy about free user input.
Everyone has front end processors running here, and it is so
easy to punch in some 8-bit nonsense when you're tired.  I
trust we are okay with ANY input at the prompt.

__Henry