Re: [Lynx-dev] Help with ubuntu lynx-cur and ssl

From: Hans-Stefan Suhle
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Help with ubuntu lynx-cur and ssl
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 08:57:54 +0100

Hans-Stefan Suhle <address@hidden> schrieb:

Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> schrieb:
On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 10:42:32PM +0100, Hans-Stefan Suhle wrote:
> Is there actually an easy way for me to compile my own openssl-version of
> lynx under xubuntu?

It is not hard. I do this in most cases. For Debian/Ubuntu, I first install
"apt" (rather than use the desktop program...).

Then I install the development packages that are used in lynx.
For example

sudo apt-get install libncursesw5-dev openssl libbz2-dev zlib1g-dev gettext

After that, it is "only" configure (with suitable options), make and install.
For the configure options, I recommend at least these (which should work
given the apt-get command above):

--enable-ipv6
--enable-nls
--with-screen=ncursesw
--with-ssl
--with-bzlib
--with-zlib

If there are problems doing that, I can advise you...

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net

All right - for starters, I configured lynx to compile --with-ssl --with-screen=ncursesw.
However,

/usr/local/bin/lynx https://banking.postbank.de/ says:
"Alert: This client does not contain support for HTTPS URLs."

Why?

Thank you all!

HSS

apt-get install libssl-dev was the solution.

Now, my lynx works as desired!

Thank you all for your patience!

HSS