Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.8dev.12

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.8dev.12
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 06:45:19 -0500

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 07:04:53PM -0500, Keith Bowes wrote:
> Je 2012-Feb-23 je 06:02, Thomas Dickey skribis:
> > Actually I'd expected more issues from the (much larger) changes to
> > eliminate fixed buffer-limits on form-fields.  Once we've had a chance
> > to verify that there's no more regressions, I've a couple of long-term
> > todo's that I'd like to work on (such as the temporary files vs memory
> > caching, and of course the fixed limit on line-length for -dump).
> >

> So, there are going to be a lot more dev releases before stable 2.8.8?

That depends - there's always a tradeoff between elapsed time since the
previous release versus how much of the ongoing work's been done.  Bear
in mind that most users don't see the current code, will only use "release"
versions.

By the way, your email seems to be coming much later than it's dated...

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net