Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.8dev.12

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.8dev.12
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 00:28:03 +0000 (UTC)

Keith Bowes dixit:

>It's not that important.  It's just there have been so many improvements
>to Lynx since 2.8.7 and I'd love for a better build to be available in
>distributions.  That's all.

Many distributions carry the current development versions as primary
(MirBSD, MirPorts, Debian) or alternative (I think Gentoo does that)
packages. Development of Lynx (and most other software from Tom) is
so stable that -current versions are better than many other software's
released versions, after all.

>> By the way, your email seems to be coming much later than it's dated...

>Yeah, it's queued until an opportune time to send it.  Usually, I
>respond when the Internet is down.

Ah, I had wondered about that, too.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
  “Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having
          a peeing section in a swimming pool.”