Re: [Lynx-dev] 403 error at lynx.isc.org

From: Ruben Montague
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] 403 error at lynx.isc.org
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:06:48 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, Nov 9 2011 at 23:23, Thomas Dickey <dickey <at> his.com> writes:

> (because I'm the admin for the new server, I added checks for nuisances -
> will unblock given a request, and perhaps make the check smarter).

Hello Thomas,

My public IP is 184.161.112.72

I respectfully request that you check if it is blocked by your server, and if
so, to please unblock it.

I recently experienced the same issue as Mart Rootamm, i.e. "403 forbidden";
Perhaps I inadvertently did something to trigger your checks for nuisances?
Maybe I tried to access your server too many times? I don't know...

I was simply trying to re-compile Lynx on Arch Linux (to --enable-default-
colors)
You can see my post about this issue on the Arch Linux forums:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1071013#p1071013

On Arch Linux, we use PKGBUILDs to automate compilation of packages, and the
script for Lynx did not work for me, because -- as I am suspecting now -- my IP
was probably being blocked.

You can view the PKGBUILD for Lynx at the following URL (notice that this
script is supposed to fetch Lynx's sources, but it failed for me every time):
http://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?
h=packages/lynx

Whatever I did to trigger your server's defenses, I apologize, and will try to
be more careful in the future.