Re: [Lynx-dev] Determining previous configure command used to build lynx

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Determining previous configure command used to build lynx
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 14:09:29 +0700

 >> Just me again.

 >> If I've compiled lynx from source, can I determine the configure
 >> command (and options) that was used to compile it?  I've lost the
 >> command from my terminal command history and can't remember all the
 >> options I used.

 > If you've saved the source, the configure options are stored in
 > config.status.  For example, to reconfigure based on your previous

        IFTR if there were any specifics in Lynx, but for GNU Autoconf,
        it's the /build/ (and not the /source/) directory that is to be
        saved (although they may coincide.)

        Consider, e. g.:

$ mkdir -- ~/builds/lynx-XXX-build
$ cd ~/builds/lynx-XXX-build
$ ~/src/lynx-XXX/configure …
…
$

        This way, ~/src/lynx-XXX/configure creates config.status in
        ~/builds/lynx-XXX-build/, while ~/src/lynx-XXX remains untouched
        (and may be read-only, and used for several builds at the same
        time.)

 > ./config.status --recheck # recheck what's available on your system

 > ./config.status # regenerate the files in AC_OUTPUT

        Also, --version prints the options passed to configure.

        Note that it doesn't print the relevant environment variables,
        if any were set at the time of configure.  For this reason, one
        should pass them as command line arguments to configure, like:

$ …/configure CC=gcc-4.4 …

        instead of either of the following:

$ CC=gcc-4.4 …/configure …

$ export CC=gcc-4.4