Re: [Lynx-dev] Which version?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Which version?
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 20:58:31 -0400

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 05:09:53PM -0700, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What is the latest version of Lynx text browser I can use for a PowerMac
> running OS 8.6?

I'm not sure: that long ago, the only activity that I was aware of would
have been from someone whose changes never made it into the main version.
(There are some long-term Mac users on the list, who probably know more).
I recall being told that some of the problems porting included a limited
data segment (64k).  There used to be references to a "beta" version on
Macs.  I don't think that I have a copy of the source (unless it's in a tar of
subir's page which I have on an old machine...)

http://www.jagshouse.com/writers.html

refers to MacLynx 2.7b1 (sounds about right).
I see a copy of its executable on

        http://archive.org/details/maclynx-evolt-browsers

But I'm not finding a source anywhere (only long-ago discussion).

Now OS X is mostly BSD-like of course.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net