Re: [Lynx-dev] [OT] Lynx-friendly Usenet archive?

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] [OT] Lynx-friendly Usenet archive?
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 12:28:11 +0700

 >> Which makes me wonder, is there a Lynx-friendly Usenet archive
 >> somewhere?

 > lynx does NNTP, so a usenet server of your choice would do.
 > (Although, slowly and not really powerful UI.  While still slow, I
 > prefer using pine for NNTP, personally; though, for a quick peek,
 > Lynx is fine.)

        Indeed, I'd prefer to use NNTP to access a Usenet archive.
        Unfortunately, the NNTP servers I use are /not/ archives (except
        for Gmane, but it doesn't archive Usenet), with expiration times
        of a few months at most.  (Google Groups, for a comparison, have
        some articles dating back to 1980's.)

        Any suggestions?

--
FSF associate member #7257      http://sf-day.org/