Re: [Lynx-dev] Generalities Question

From: Klaus-Peter Wegge
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Generalities Question
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 10:23:18 +0200 (CEST)

Dear lynx,

Under Linux text terminal, I'm using the following tools to convert
files into html and then reading the content with lynx:
MS-Word: .doc .DOC (wvHtml)
MS-Word: .docx .DOCX (xsltproc docx2txt.xsl)
Ritch Text Format: .rtf (ted)
Portable Document Format: .pdf .PDF (pdftohtml)
MS-excel: .xls (xlhtml)
MS-Powerpoint: .ppt (ppthtml)
tex: .tex .TEX (latex2html)

I'm currently playing arround with unoconv to deal with other formats
like *.pptx .odt ...

I start the *.format-to-html script with a VIEWER line in .lynx-cfg
which again starts a new instance of lynx for viewing the output.
Does anyone have an idea, how to convert for example a pdf by
a script to html and than pass the current location of the resulting
html file to the existing instance of lynx?

Kind regards

Klaus