[Lynx-dev] javascript engine specification

From: Ákos Sülyi
Subject: [Lynx-dev] javascript engine specification
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 01:38:18 +0200

Hi,

It's well known that it'd be much hard work over little good creating
a javascript engine for lynx.

But does any kind of a design even exists?

What are the requirements beside than it should interpret the scripts?
I don't think it could nor should even do anything with a great amount
of most script.

Would it be possible  to use a rhino like engine to interpret  the
code after filtering the scripts?

The tricky part is handling the returned data, isn't it?

I've just apt-got the source. Where'd I looking for the part that
handles regexps? There is one, right?

Thanx, in advance.

Best regards,
Ákos.