Re: [Lynx-dev] No extension->MIME mapping in Gopher

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] No extension->MIME mapping in Gopher
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 10:53:42 +0000 (UTC)

Dario Niedermann dixit:

>Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Is there a good gopher server still around?

I think you asked this again, some time ago, and I pointed to
gopher://gopher.semmel.ch courtesy of Symlink’s Ventilator.

My bookmarks, now that I search them, also include
gopher://sdf.lonestar.org/1/users/happy/ and point out
http://27.org/gopher-manifesto/ as having another list.
There even used to be one on browser.org…

>Lynx would be probably the ideal modern client

I guess it is. Not that I think much of MIME types and stuff…
Lynx on Debian/Ubuntu appears much more annoying/confusing to
me than the pretty rudimentary, MIME-less (other than what’s
default) setup in MirBSD… but we had a thread about that already.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
13:37⎜«Natureshadow» Deep inside, I hate mirabilos. I mean, he's a good
guy. But he's always right! In every fsckin' situation, he's right. Even