Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx fails to open an URL

From: Shérab
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx fails to open an URL
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 21:23:38 +0100

Hey Philip, thanks a lot for your prompt response.

> Firefox brings up a login window, which does not use Javascript.

Yes, that's indeed what should happen.

> My Lynx 2.8.7dev.12 reports "client doesn't support HTTPS",
> so that seems to be the problem.

No, that's not the problem. Here lynx is the debian one, compiled with
HTTPS support.

To be more precise about what happens when trying to open the mentionned
URL, lynx establishes the HTTPS connection and then asks:
Show the 401 message body? (y/n)

If the URL has been provided on the command-line, lynx exits without
displaying anything, whether the answer is y or n. If the URL was
provided whereas a page was already shown, this page is displayed again
no matter what the anwser to the question is.

Sherab.