Re: [Lynx-dev] 'Lynx' Translation

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] 'Lynx' Translation
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 17:30:03 -0400

121031 Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Vlad Brown dixit:
>> I found interesting your page Lynx  which I googled on
>> http://lynx.browser.org/!
> Well it's lynx.isc.org now. What _did_ become of browser.org by the way?
>> I'd love to use it in a project I'm involved with called "SoftDroid",
>> so I'm seeking your permission for translation to Ukraine language.
> What licence is that page, anyway? It also lacks a bit or information;
> however, Vlad has also translated the MirBSD start page earlier,
> so this might even be interesting.

I just got another one :

-- start here --

From: address@hidden

Hi ,

I’m a representative of the weblog “SoftCann”.

Some days ago one of our readers came up with the suggestion of
translating this page 'Lynx Help for Beginners'
(http://homes.chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/lhfb.html) to Ukraine, saying
that he’d been wanting it translated and posted up for some time. I’d
like to ask you to let me translate that, on condition that I will -
of course - mention you as the author and put the link to the source
article.

We usually makes translations from English and German for those who
don’t know English, but are curious to find out new things that appear
in the English-speaking Internet.

Hope that I was convincing enough and you would reply to my email.

Thanks a lot!

--
Best wishes,
Mario Pozner

-- end here --

IIRC this is the 4th such request over the past  2 - 3 yr ;
they're worded fairly similarly.  Why all the sudden interest ?

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca