Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx install

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx install
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 20:47:40 -0500

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 05:41:59PM +0530, Ahmad wrote:
> Sorry to interrupt you again while installing from here
> ftp://invisible-island.net/lynx/current/ on windows 2007 an error
> occurredat the last with the massage that SSLEAY32.dll
> is missing from your computer, can you plz guide me what i have to do?

quoting my page:

   Before  each  patch-release,  I  (usually) do a test-build on Windows.
   That  builds several flavors, which I use in testing. Along with that,
   since 2007, I have made packages for a few of these executables:
     * built with curses (not color-style).
       This  is the older color-scheme used by Lynx, from 1996. Links and
       form-fields are colored.
       It  happens  that  this flavor of the Windows executables requires
       [12]OpenSSL   to  run.  Your  machine  may  already  have  OpenSSL
       installed;  many  programs  use  it.  If  not,  you might find the
       "light" version from [13]this page useful.
       The other installers do not require OpenSSL.

That is an SSL library.  If you find it hard to install, or don't really need
SSL,
the other two installers do not use it.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>