Re: [Lynx-dev] link background in lynx-2.8.6-27

From: Stephen Isard
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] link background in lynx-2.8.6-27
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 13:28:42 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 3 Feb 2013, Thomas Dickey dickey-at-his.com |lynx-dev| wrote:
<snip>
That might help - sometimes.  The availability of dark/light colors depends
on the terminal configuration.  The status colors are yellow-on-blue.
Gray might produce the same issue (equating to black).

The standard terminal configurations for gnome-terminal, xterm and rxvt with this linux distribution are all fine with gray. I've read the comments in lynx.cfg, but there must be some background knowledge, maybe something about how terminals or ncurses work, that I'm missing. I don't see how the comments are telling me, assuming that my terminal has a white background, that specifying a black background for link text will produce a white background, while specifying a gray one will give me a gray one. But never mind, you've told me what I need to fix my own setup and I'll report the problem I had to the packagers and let them decide what, if anything, to do.

Best regards,

Stephen Isard