Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx, GNU/Linux and pictures II.

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx, GNU/Linux and pictures II.
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 08:51:59 +0900 (JST)

Could be only noise but anyway,

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 16:46:30 +0000 (UTC), Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> Elimar Riesebieter dixit:
>
>>$ grep yuv /etc/mailcap
>>
>>nothing. This is Debian 7.0.
>
> OK, interesting. The system at work is a Debian sid, but was
> upgraded from roughly 2008 so may contain old conffiles… I’ll
> replace the /etc/mailcap file from the one from the .deb and
> try again.

FYI, on my rather new Debian/wheezy there is certainly
"yuv" in /etc/mailcap.

$ grep yuv /etc/mailcap
image/yuv; display.im6 'yuv:%s'; test=test -n "$DISPLAY"

I suspect gnome (or any desktop manager?) might do some
weird behaviour in this respect.  I'd like to know which
desktop you are using.

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 05:56:42 -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> cfg-file (the menu's reliable enough).  On my machine, it's set to
> internal also, and the xloadimage_command works as I would expect.

On my machine, lynx calls iceweasel, which seems to be forced
with /etc/mailcap but does not call "xli" which is defined
in lynx.cfg as the xloadimage_command .

It seems only settings in ~/.mailcap works fine for me.

On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 11:20:52 +0200 (CEST), Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> Additionally, I specifically set
>       XLOADIMAGE_COMMAND:xloadimage %s &
> and this was ignored.

I suspect xloadimage does not exist in Debian any more.
Am I wrong?

Best regards,                   2013-4-18(Thu)

--
 Debian Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda AT debian.org>