Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx and character set

From: Klaus-Peter Wegge
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx and character set
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 08:19:56 +0200 (CEST)

quick remark: when setting lynx to utf8, current versions packaged with
debian or ubuntu have problems in form fields and text entry fields.
As soon as an UTF8 character is used, the cursor is positioned one
position to far to the right.
And it is getting funny when trying to correct a text field with
UTF8 characters by using backspace or left/right arrow.
May be, the calculation of the cursor position does not care of the
fact, that some two byte characters are presented as one character on
the screen.
I have not tested with the current dev version of lynx yet.

BTW: I gave up to use UTF8 on linuxes at the moment in the text
mode, because many command line applications still have some problems to
deal with UTF8.

Best, Klaus