Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx and Cloud storages

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx and Cloud storages
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 13:22:08 +0000 (UTC)

Riku Virtanen dixit:

> - enables a Linux user to upload files with Lynx from the local hard drive of
> Linux machine;
> - A cloud storage with enables a Linux user to download files with Lynx from
> the cloud storage?

If uploading with Lynx is not a hard requirement, and uploading using
a console tool is enough, git-annex helps, possibly amended with
git-annex-assistant. There may also be a webinterface that would allow
uploading with lynx if joeyh is good enough ;-) I’m not keeping track
of the development status but IIRC something like that was planned.

As for downloading, Natureshadow has made some scripts that allow one
to control that with ACLs, and I’m the usual lynx user testing them.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
13:37⎜«Natureshadow» Deep inside, I hate mirabilos. I mean, he's a good
guy. But he's always right! In every fsckin' situation, he's right. Even