Re: [Lynx-dev] Hide lynx_bookmarks.html

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Hide lynx_bookmarks.html
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 19:03:45 -0400

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 02:29:38PM +0200, tom fogal wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> By default lynx creates a 'lynx_bookmarks.html' file.  This then shows
> up in one's directory listings, though I rarely need to be reminded of
> its existence.
>
> I feel it would be nice if it were hidden by default.  The attached
> patch implements that; I would be very grateful if it or something
> similar were applied to the next release.

It would have to be "something similar": non-Unix configurations wouldn't
benefit by "."
but generally use some conventional directory e.g., under Application Data in
Windows.

Unix configurations might use something like $HOME/.lynx; it is easy enough for
users to setup.  Changing the place where lynx looks for it is problematic.

The location of the bookmarks file in lynx.cfg is a default.

It is overridden by the setting (saved in ~/.lynxrc) for "Bookmarks file".
If you happen to have "Multi-bookmarks" set, you can still see this setting
by temporarily turning "multi-bookmarks" off.

(my corresponding setting is "./.lynx/default.html" - which is relative to
$HOME).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net