Re: [Lynx-dev] Hide lynx_bookmarks.html

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Hide lynx_bookmarks.html
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 10:49:12 +0000 (UTC)

tom fogal dixit:

>A ~/.lynxrc setting works for me.

We have that already…

>Given that: is there still desire for a patch (which uses per-platform
>directories)? Is this a Good Thing or just a Thing?

I fear that any change of the default location will require
code to move old files to the new location (mc did that when
they moved to XDG).

Also, XDG is not trivial, it’ll require environment variable
substitution, and the path is no static string that can be
referred to in the bookmarks any more. Also, ~/.lynxrc would
have to move, too.

Lots of user confusion to consider.

bye,
//mirabilos
PS: come join us in #lynx on Freenode IRC network.
--
18:47⎜<mirabilos:#!/bin/mksh> well channels… you see, I see everything in the
same window anyway      18:48⎜<xpt:#!/bin/mksh> i know, you have some kind of