Re: [Lynx-dev] Downloading files whose names contain spaces

From: Graham Lawrence
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Downloading files whose names contain spaces
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 13:29:53 -0700

Many thanks, Tim.  In lynx.cfg, I uncommented 3 lines and downloading
with wget works like a charm, actually much more convenient than thru
lynx.  Except for sites that I have to log on to, they block wget, so
I also had to write a little script to give me a good filename to
download thru lynx.

In lynx.cfg I activated these lines:
KEYMAP:,:EXTERN_PAGE            # Run external program with current page
KEYMAP:.:EXTERN_LINK            # Run external program with current link
EXTERNAL:http:wget %s &:TRUE

and this bash script:
  sfx=${1-"torrent"}    # $1 defaults to torrent
  a=$(xsel)    # xsel manipulates content of the various clipboards
  a=${a//[^A-Za-z0-9 ]/}    # keep only letters digits and spaces from selection
  x=(${a,,})    # lowercase it into an array
  address@hidden    # capitalize each item in array and store back in variable
  xsel -i <<< ${a// /}.$sfx    # remove spaces, add suffix and store
on middle mouse clipboard

--
Graham Lawrence