Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx browser can not connect to www.referenceusa.com

From: Jason Min
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx browser can not connect to www.referenceusa.com
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 11:42:47 -0700

I guess then there is absolutely no way to use lynx to search and attempt to
automate the download of the info.

Thank you very  much for your reply.

On 2013-10-09 11:24, Jason Min wrote:
But, after I chose business search, and I entered 'abc' for the
company name, I can not trigger the search.
It looks like it's triggered by JavaScript, so you may be stuck
unless you use a browser that supports JS.  Stefan gives some handy
suggestions for specifying the user-agent on the command-line "to
unstupid the site".  His suggestion is helpful&  useful but it really
only "less-stupids the site", as it still relies on JavaScript.

-tim