Re: [Lynx-dev] Can't connect to bitbucket sing lynx

From: Tim Chase
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Can't connect to bitbucket sing lynx
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 08:40:03 -0600

On 2013-11-07 15:28, Shérab wrote:
> CSRF verification failed. Request aborted.
> You are seeing this message because this HTTPS site requires a
> 'Referer header' to be sent by your Web browser, but none was sent.

You might need to check your lynx.cfg file for various REFERER*
settings.  In particular, you want to make sure that you don't have

 REFERER_WITH_QUERY:DROP

but rather either

  REFERER_WITH_QUERY:PARTIAL

or the less-secure

  REFERER_WITH_QUERY:SEND

Using "PARTIAL" strips off the query-string, but still sends the base
request, while "SEND" sends the whole URL you were at (even if it
contains secure information like a session-key token or
username/password).

It might be that Bitbucket flat-out doesn't work with Lynx (as it
might require JavaScript), but given the error message you received,
the Referer changes would be my first guess.

-tim