[Lynx-dev] Name suggestion in print menue - lynx2.8.8dev.12

From: Klaus-Peter Wegge
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Name suggestion in print menue - lynx2.8.8dev.12
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 09:11:57 +0100 (CET)

Dear Lynx experts,

with the update to Debian 6 (wheezy) I've updated automatically to lynx
2.8.8.dev.12 .
Besides some improvements I have found the following problem in the
print menue:
When printing to a local file (first entry) the suffix of the suggested
file name is now "*.htm" and no longer "*.txt" as it was in earlier
versions. The suffix "*.htm" should only be suggested when viewing source.
Moreover, if the file already exitst, you cannot longer abord
by a empty file name (ctrl-u). If the filename is empty, the message
"file alredy exists" still appears.

Example:
lynx myfile.htm
select "Save file" in print menue
The suggested filename is "myfile.htm" (expected myfile.txt).
press return to save.
Message "file already exists" (correct, it's the source file from the command
line)
ctrl-u for empty file name
press return: filename is empty, message "file already exists"...

I don't know with which lynx version this "logic" has changed.

Kind regards

Klaus