Re: [Lynx-dev] 2 Lynx "Bugs".

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] 2 Lynx "Bugs".
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 08:48:47 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas Dickey dixit:

>On Fri, Apr 04, 2014 at 08:23:39PM -0700, Chad Kline wrote:
>> 1.  lynx is unresponsive when doing DNS lookups.  this is a problem with
>> lookups that take an endlessly long time for whatever reason, and for some
>> failed connections/negotiations; and CTRL-G can't end the wait and/or
>> lockups.  i am using the latest lynx from source and FreeBSD 9.2.
>
>I've not seen that

I’m seeing this on BSD all the time, if the resolver cannot
get any response (e.g. if the resolver is DJB dnscache, and
the domain in question hosted at OVH – no big loss there…),
or if the response is slow.

I haven’t seen this on GNU yet. Maybe DNS behaves differently
across systems?

bye,
//mirabilos
--