Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx on Gmail and on my webmail

From: aw585
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx on Gmail and on my webmail
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 19:21:25 GMT

> From: dREPLACEeLETTEReEjBYeLETTEReAatGMA ILcom
>       <address@hidden>
>
> There seems to be a problem with submission of long text in forms to https.
>
> I use Lynx 2.8.8dev.15 (18 Nov 2012) on Gmail (
> https://mail.google.com/mail/h/16gqxd6fxycvr/?&v=b&pv=tl&cs=b )
>
> When sending a big email, the https submission stalls then fails. This is
> reproductible, use a mail text of 200 lines and 15kBytes.
>
> Am I alone to have that problem ?

No, I've definitly encountered it.
Fortunately for me, it has been in forwarding email,
and almost always, I can trim almost all of the forwarding
to just enough to indicate a mailing that the people are
top posting in response to, for some context.   :-)

It's a real problem.

Regards, Dallas E. Legan II / address@hidden / address@hidden
http://isthereanotherquestion.blogspot.com
"Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!"