Re: [Lynx-dev] UTF-8 MS Windows

From: Gisle Vanem
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] UTF-8 MS Windows
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 16:57:43 +0200

"Thorsten Glaser" <address@hidden> wrote:

As Tom said: the curses library has to do the translation here.
This amounts to a complete rewrite of the curses library.

Ok, thanks for clearing up that.

Tom, I've always preferred Slang over PDcurses/ncurses etc. (mostly
because it makes nicer and faster console programs compared to
PD-curses. 'most' is an excellent example vs. 'less' built with PDcurses AFAIK). But I'm not so religious on the issue. I might have a go at building Lynx/Win32/MSVC with some curses lib.

--gv