[Lynx-dev] HTTP1.1/ 204 NoContent Error

From: Gordon Talge
Subject: [Lynx-dev] HTTP1.1/ 204 NoContent Error
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 00:33:10 -0700

Hi,

I'm using Lynx Version 2.8.7rel 2 libwww-FM 214
SSL-MM 1.4.1 OpenSSL 0.9.8 ncurses 5.0.19991023

I'm using an older computer with Debian/GNU Linux 2.2.19

For about 5 years I've use lynx to access amazon.com
using http://www.amazon.com/access without a hitch.

Today I tried to log in to my account and I get this
message:

"Alert! HTTP1.1/ 204 NoContent" on several links,
like cart, login, etc.

Their webpage also tells me I have my "caps lock on" which
it is not, and that I don't have "cookies" enabled, which I do.

I called their technical support, in the Philippines, no less,
and explained the problem. I don't know if I got through to them.

Lynx works fine on other web sites, like http://www.abebooks.com,
etc. The cookies are working on other sites, to I don't know
what gives.

I was wondering if anyone else who uses amazon.com with
Lynx has had this problem in the past day or so.

It was working fine Thursday.

Thanks,

-- Gordon Talge
   Loma Linda, CA