Re: [Lynx-dev] share your information with this source, was Amazon broke

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] share your information with this source, was Amazon broken (HTTP 204)
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 18:29:54 +0100

On 04/07/14 17:46, Stefan Caunter wrote:
On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 12:43 PM, Aahz Maruch <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 30, 2014, Karen Lewellen wrote:

I am placing below an email from a supervisor involved with their tech
efforts to repair this problem.

Started writing up an e-mail to Amazon but first checked to verify that
the bugs still existed, turns out they've fixed it.  (But only for Lynx,
not for wget, which isn't a big deal for me, just mentioning that they're
clearly still blocking by User-Agent, which I proved by changing wget's
User-Agent.)

Presumably if you can demonstrate that you can shop with wget, they
will be happy to get that sorted ;)

You may have to prove that you are much more likely to shop than simply copy their site.