Re: [Lynx-dev] linuxquestions.org and lynx

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] linuxquestions.org and lynx
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 20:38:49 -0500

On Mon, Dec 01, 2014 at 11:37:27AM -0500, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> A long time ago I somcreated an account on linuxquestions.org.  I
> returned and reset my password and have been having trouble first
> logging into linuxquestions.org and once I logged into
> linuxquestions.org I found I could not create a thread on the
> slackware-installation forum because the continue button that had to
> be hit was unimplemented with the current version of lynx and even

...in other words, a button implemented with a script.

> though numbered links were enabled that button did not get a number.
> I contacted the site's support and was told that lynx users
> regularly post questions to linuxquestions.org.  So, is that a b.s.

I haven't tried that (since google lobotomized the groups last year, there's
very few hits on groups -- and forums such as this one).

> response from linuxquestions.org or do I need to fine tune my lynx
> configuration file(s) to make accessibility to linuxquestions.org
> work?  I hope there's at least one other user on this list that

...or find a usage pattern that avoids the javascript traps :-)

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net