[Lynx-dev] linuxquestions.org

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: [Lynx-dev] linuxquestions.org
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 13:53:26 -0500 (EST)

First, thanks for the help on that continue button problem. I've been told the webmaster replaced it with a hard link. The problem I'm having now is logging into linuxquestions.org now. I key in the right credentials and continually get told I've keyed in the wrong credentials and get locked out after five wrong login attempts for 15 minutes. I log into google with no trouble using lynx and can't figure out why linuxquestions.org is impossible to log into with lynx. If someone has time, could you please register an account and try logging into linuxquestions.org? It's possible I may be being blocked on linuxquestions.org end based on ip address but there's no proper cause for that. I'm on hughesnet which is not one of the better internet providers in America but don't think hughesnet has linuxquestions.org blocked for me since I can bring the page up on the lynx browser. I examined the code of linuxquestions.org and it's loaded with all manner of 3rd party junk ajax in addition to javascript and all kinds of google add-ons so I hope you don't have to do source code diving to figure this one out!