[Lynx-dev] lynx 2.8.9dev3 does not check certificate expiration

From: Andreas Metzler
Subject: [Lynx-dev] lynx 2.8.9dev3 does not check certificate expiration
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 16:26:35 +0100

Hello,

lynx 2.8.9dev3 (GnuTLS) invokes gnutls_certificate_verify_peers2() but
does not use/check all error flags. e.g. certificate expiration is not
checked. <https://bugs.debian.org/745835>. Find attached a patch
against 2.8.9dev3 to change the respective code to simply check for
/any/ error and use gnutls_certificate_verification_status_print() to
print what exactly failed. This follows the example in upstream's
documentation
<http://www.gnutls.org/manual/html_node/Simple-client-example-with-X_002e509-certificate-support.html#Simple-client-example-with-X_002e509-certificate-support>.

The respective function was added in GnuTLS 3.1.4 (released in
November 2012).

Please doublecheck, I am not a programmer by profession.

thanks, cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'