Re: [Lynx-dev] [openssl-dev] On SSLv23_method() drop and TLS_method() in

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] [openssl-dev] On SSLv23_method() drop and TLS_method() introduction
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 16:49:46 +0000 (UTC)

> Matt Caswell wrote:

>> This is not quite correct either. TLSv1_client_method() will force
>> TLS1.0 only. This is the correct approach:
>>
>> +#if (OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER >= 0x10100000L)
>> +       ssl_ctx = SSL_CTX_new(TLS_client_method());
>> +#else

Indeed, but that method does not exist in older versions, whereas
they *can* be built without SSLv2/SSLv3 support.

I suggest autoconf-testing for presence of TLS_client_method, as
I’m likely adding it to my libssl.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
<igli> exceptions: a truly awful implementation of quite a nice idea.
<igli> just about the worst way you could do something like that, afaic.