Re: [Lynx-dev] Form field names [submit a form with no 'input' element /

From: Wes
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Form field names [submit a form with no 'input' element / submit button]
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 10:42:02 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 5 Nov 2015, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

Wes dixit:

so that you can enter commands instead of filling out the form. Then type

:submit

Ah, this was it… but it’s not bound to any key but has
to be invoked with ‘:’?

Not here it isn't. Looking at my current key map (with 'K'), there is no key bound to 'SUBMIT'.

A number of keys are bound to 'ACTIVATE', which work as advertised after ^V (though one of those bound keys, Right Arrow, only exhibits its familiar line-editing behavior in text fields, regardless of ^V).

And, now that I reread your original post, it looks to me like plain old 'ACTIVATE' is what you were looking for in the first place.

Also, 'x' is bound to 'NOCACHE'. That works.

'DOWNLOAD' works too, and is key-bound.

But if you were wanting to edit the submit-URL, only 'SUBMIT' appears to offer that.

One could add something like

 KEYMAP:%:SUBMIT

to their keymap file, and then convince themself that '%' is a particularly submissive-looking glyph.

-wes