Re: [Lynx-dev] Newer DOS Lynx Port

From: Dan Schmidt
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Newer DOS Lynx Port
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 20:12:48 -0700

Thanks for your comments.  Works in every version of lynx I have tried but that port, even works in older DOS ports.  Odd.

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 12:37 AM, David Woolley <address@hidden> wrote:
On 03/02/16 04:55, Dan Schmidt wrote:

Juan's version has one bug I have found: Links on nytimes.com
<http://nytimes.com> do not seem to work on his version.  (I have no
idea: not escaping the # character correctly or string length?  I'm no
good at C) That said, it works on sites that only support newer ssl.

That's more likely to be that the page is a web application, not a works on any browser document.  However, browsers should not escape and send "#"; they should remove everything from there to the end of the URL and use it locally to search the page that is returned.

Lynx implements neither ECMAScript, nor the HTML5 document object model.