Re: [Lynx-dev] Can I Permanently Fix these Blank Pages?

From: Hal.sz S.ndor
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Can I Permanently Fix these Blank Pages?
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 13:01:21 -0500

2016/02/18 01:21 ... Karen Lewellen:
Larry,
these pages are not blank.  they simply do not accept the user header.
If you change the send user header option the page will show correctly.
However that option is not permanent for good reason.
Unless others have ideas, that is the best and fastest way, it is a 2
second fix at most.
Does someone mine explaining to Larry why the header does need to be
present the rest of the time?
I know sites behave strangely without it, but others may be able to help
him understand as much.

And I think of the suggestion when changing the User-Agent header that no known webbrowser be named, but instead a variant of "Lynx ...", very good, in that if the webmaster looks at the visitor log, he will see that in spite of all a Lynx-user visited.